Providence

Server Issue?

Hello! I have contacted a couple different admins on discord about this issue, but I decided to make this post to give more information. I apologize if this isn't the correct forum for this topic (seems more like a server issue than a tech issue).

• My issue is; I can't find any RoS servers on the in-game server list.

20190722205548_1.thumb.jpg.d24398269d8fb6bec4e72476649cbb5b.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I can however find the servers if I search on CoD4X Master Server List website. 

Capture5656565747474.thumb.PNG.73f228f16d02b184b91bf8f767dae007.PNG

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• If I try to connect directly from CoD4X Master Server List above I get this after 15 attempts.

20190722205720_1.thumb.jpg.8e69162b59e3e797afe19583e883c57a.jpg

What I've tried: 

• Restarting PC
  • Restarting router/modem
  • Resetting my network settings
  • Verifying files
  • Re-validating CD key

Conclusion:

I'm at a loss, I've tried everything I can think of to fix the issue. If anyone has other suggestions I should try, please let me know so I can play on the best CoD4 servers again :).

-Providence the literal fucking cod god

Edited by Providence

Responding here just to put into the "public" for anyone else having the same issue, although I'll be in contact with you in discord ill pretty much copy and paste my discord message I sent to you. 

"Yes its a common issue we've been having with our hosting provider. Sometimes its blocking packets from certain users in certain locations from certain ISP providers. Its part of its DDoS mitigation that still learning how packets come and go from our network."

Basically to put it in laymen terms for anybody who doesn't really understand that, is our hosting provider has a really impressive DDoS mitigation network. But sometimes it will flag your IP and refuse packets from your specific IP because for some reason it saw an irregularity and thought it was getting DDoSed, the process to get the IP address moved from the blacklist to the whitelist, is usually incredibly time consuming and tedious process which may or may not end in a failure, however, eventually the IP will be moved from a blacklist to a whitelist, but that time frame is unknown. I would estimated anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Whatever the irregularity is, even when switching IP addresses it will catch the same irregularity  and put it on the blacklist as well. The issue is uncommon and rare, and no known trigger at the moment.